It’s now been about four months since we got Tech tAUk off the ground as a brand new show on ATV. Since then we have been pushing the bar to make our show the most innovative show on ATV’s lineup.
But we can’t do it alone.
We started Tech tAUk because we recognize that people’s opinions on technology depends significantly on one’s own experiences with technology, not to mention one’s own purchasing power to be able to afford the newest gadgets and software. And all too often the prevailing commentary comes from professional reviewers, which rarely share the same views as college students. But as much as we strive to provide the college student’s perspective on our show, we also recognize that we also aren’t fully representative of many college students, nor are we the only ones at AU interested in the world of tech.
If you’re an AU student interested in technology, we want you to join us.
What are some of the opportunities available through joining with Tech tAUk?
- On-camera opportunities, where you can show off devices, software, games, websites, and other cool things, or join us in on-camera discussions in order to share your insights.
- Are you a big YouTuber? We’re starting up a special Tech tAUk YouTube channel to foster the production and promotion of viral videos from around AU and around DC! It’s a great opportunity to make great viral videos and have a great way to see your work promoted to a wide audience!
- More interested in expressing opinions off-camera? We’re seeking to develop our blog into an active place to comment about the latest tech news, share interesting reviews, offer opinions, and much more. If you’re interested in writing/blogging about tech, we’d love to have you come write for our blog!
Or, if you’re interested in helping us produce our show on ATV, we have a number of great opportunities available if you join our crew, including:
- Technical Direction and managing the Control Room
- Camera work
- Set Design and Floor Management
- Editing and Motion Graphics using Final Cut Studio
- And much more!
Being a part of our crew is a great way to gain experience used in the film and television industries–no experience needed, just a willingness to learn. And since our show is continually working to push the envelope with our integration of technology in the studio, you’ll be a fundamental part of helping us advance the technological capabilities at ATV!
If any of this post has peaked your interest, please plan to come to our General Interest Meeting on Wednesday, February 24 at 7:00 PM in the ATV Studio (MGC 256). Snacks will be provided, and we will be on-hand to talk all about our efforts with Tech tAUk and offer more details on all the ways you can get involved with our show, and to answer your questions.
If you’re unable to make it to the meeting, please send us an e-mail instead letting us know what you’re interested in.
Thanks for reading, and we hope you’ll come join us!