We’re back in the swing of things with yet another episode of Tech tAUk. And this time, Douglas and Josh try their hands in a bit of acting to liven up the show.
Our headlines this week:
- Latest Roundup of Rumors about the Verizon iPhone
- A Look at “Catfish”, the other Facebook movie
- Microsoft Expands, Updates Office Web Apps
- Saudi Arabians Will Soon Need a License to Blog
- New Video Game Systems: Playstation Move and Nintendo Wii Remote Plus
- Legal Trouble from ‘The Situation’ iPhone App
We then inaugurate a new satirical segment on Tech tAUk: Grate Da Bait, where we have a scripted Crossfire-style debate on the merits of 3D television and movies. (Lovingly inspired by “Even Stevphen” on The Daily Show.)
Douglas then takes a look at the two new products for bringing the internet to your television coming this fall: Apple TV and Google TV. And Josh brings along the whole Tech tAUk crew to test YouTube Social in a live experiment from the Anderson Computing Complex.
Our spirit of acting then continues as we parody Nate Bronstein’s Fireside Chat Series by presenting “A Fireside Chat with Steve Jobs” (starring Douglas as Steve Jobs), during which Jobs presents to iOS developers on recent changes that Apple has made to their app submission & approval policies.
Finally, Josh closes out the show with his final “What the Zuck?” segment, looking at Zuckerberg’s appearance on Oprah, and our Viral Video of the Week: Never Say No to Panda.