Tech tAUk returns to the studio for this week’s special “Family Weekend” episode. Douglas and Josh invite their moms on for a segment to discuss the generation gap in technology and the many ways in which our tech-focused environment has changed since that of a few decades ago. Josh also explores the world of musical tech and demos autotuning in GarageBand, and Douglas demonstrates Quicksilver, a multi-purpose utility for the Mac.
Our headlines this week:
- News Roundup from Apple’s “Back to the Mac” event, including Mac OS X Lion, the Mac App Store, and the new MacBook Air
- Google Fiber to be Tested at Stanford
- Patient’s Prostate Removed Entirely by Robots
- Study Reveals Facebook May Be Outing Gay Users
- Release of Playstation Move Heroes
- Guggenheim Museum Goes Viral with YouTube
We had a number of viral videos on this week’s episode, including:
- OK Go – Here It Goes Again
- Bed Intruder Song
- Norwegian Recycling – Miracles
- The Song of the Count – Lemon Demon Version
- Axis of Awesome – Four Chord Song
- The Rent is Too Damn High Party’s Jimmy McMillan at the NY Governor Debate
Finally, we close out the show by previewing next week’s exclusive pre-rally coverage from the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear.
Note: Unfortunately the YouTube video is missing the fifth segment of this episode.