It’s our second Fall ’11 episode of Tech tAUk, and it’s chalk full of news, games, and just plain hilarity. And we’re excited to welcome a number of guest appearances within our first real video game segment, and an incredible comedic sketch that we just plain stole from SNL.
Our tech headlines this week:
- Netflix Splits Off DVD-by-Mail Service to “Qwikster”, but There’s Already a @Qwikster Twitter Account
- CrunchFund Causes Power Struggle Between TechCrunch & AOL-HuffPo Media
- Apple Blacking Out Vacation Days for Imminent iPhone 5 Introduction
- Google CEO Eric Schmidt Testifies Before Senate Committee
- George Lucas’ Tweaks to ‘Star Wars’ Incurs Fans’ Wrath
- Mexican Drug Cartels Now Menace Social Media
Tech tAUk’s Video Game Experts Chris Pyle and Mitchell Stover join us in the Game Zone, our newest segment, to talk about Steam, an online platform for computer video games, and they do a live review of Team Fortress 2.
Then, we take a game show break to play Celebrity Jeopardy! (Technology Edition) with “guest” celebrities Steve Jobs*, Mark Zuckerberg, and Sean Connery. Too bad all of them are scoring below negative one thousand dollars.
Finally, Douglas’ Random Geeky Fact of the Week examines the origins of the size of compact discs, and in honor of Jim Henson’s 75th birthday, our Viral Video of the Week is the Ode to Joy, performed by Beaker.
*Disclaimer: This segment was filmed a few weeks before the public announcement of Steve Jobs’ death.