It’s our pilot episode of Tech tAUk Reloaded, the newest tech news podcast on the interwebs! Come join with us on this journey to discover the meaning of the universe and all things in between, as we insert our special brand technological insights into the series of tubes. (Check out this blog post for a more realistic explanation of what this new show is all about.)
Our tech headlines this week:
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos Buys Out The Washington Post
- Netflix Offering Individual User Profiles for Family Accounts, as does XBox Live
- AllThingsD Sources: Apple’s iPhone Event on Sept. 10, and Will Apple Launch an “iPhone 5C?”
- U.S. Trade Court Says Samsung Violated iPhone Patent
- Nvidia CEO Confirms Microsoft is Working on Surface 2 Tablets, even though Surface RT Tablets Are Not Doing Well
- The Pirate Bay Releases Its Own Web Browser
Josh then recaps the ongoing saga of Edward Snowden’s leaks about the NSA, the allegations about the PRISM spying program and the tech companies that are denying complicity with PRISM, and the misdirected media coverage of the entire case.
And in honor of the start of the new season of Breaking Bad, our Viral Video of the Week is the Breaking Bad theme, played on meth lab equipment.