Sometimes the world of tech gets just weird enough that it brings out our inner curmudgeon. We’ve got lots to grumble about on this week’s episode of Tech tAUk Reloaded. And while Josh reincarnates his classic FLUNKS segment, Douglas responds with one of his greatest rants ever recorded.
Our tech headlines this week:
- Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer to Retire Within 12 Months
See also: Why Steve Ballmer Failed
- Zuckerberg Unveils Plan for Internet Access for All
- iPhone 5S to Feature Gold/”Champagne” Color Shell
See also: AllThingsD: Apple Will Sell a Gold Tone iPhone
Reuters: Golden Calls: Will China Embrace a Champagne iPhone?
- Elon Musk Wants to Build the Iron Man Hologram UI for Real
- Facebook Removes Physical Items from “Gifts” Program
- NSA Officers Spy on Love Interests
- Social Media Reacts, Starts Petition Against Ben Affleck as Batman
Josh resurrects his classic FLUNKS! segment from the classic Tech tAUk. He issues a FLUNK to scientists attempting to clone John Lennon, and an EPIC WOW to a recovered DSLR that was stolen by an alligator.
Finally, Doug offers a shout-out for WordCamp Baltimore on Sept. 21, where he will be leading a workshop about podcasting.