As we wind down the summer of 2013, there wasn’t a whole lot of tech news this week, so we decided instead to take a look back at some of the best and worst moments from the tech news-banks of this past summer for this episode of Tech tAUk Reloaded.
Our tech headlines this week:
- Windows 9 Rumored for Next Year, Windows 10 to be Cloud OS
- Google Acquires Android Smartwatch Maker WIMM Labs
- Syrian Electronic Army Takes Down New York Times Website
- New Jersey Court Rules That You Can Be Held Liable for Texting a Driver
Josh and Doug each pick a high and low point from the tech world this past summer:
- Josh’s High: Online Content Goes Mainstream, Nominated for Emmys
- Josh’s Low: Xbox One Announced, with privacy and connection concerns
- Douglas’ High: Apple Announces iOS 7
- Douglas’ Low: Washington Post Article: Beat-up cellphones with cracked screens are point of pride for some young people
For Josh’s tip of the week, he resurrects our old Game Zone segment to discuss the newly-announced Nintendo 2DS and previews this fall’s console wars. For Doug’s tip, he reviews Pointstreak K-ForCE Lite, a free app for baseball scorekeeping.
Program Note: Next week’s episode will come out a day or two later than normal, as we will be doing special coverage of Apple’s anticipated Sept. 10 iPhone event.