Tech tAUk returns to the scene of the crime! Doug and Josh reunite to record an in-person episode of Tech tAUk Reloaded at the ATV studio at American University, where the classic Tech tAUk was filmed over four TV seasons. We’re also both in Washington, DC, a city reeling from the ongoing government shutdown, which becomes a central topic of the episode. And we’re joined by another of our former Tech tAUkers, Mike Silangil.
Our tech headlines this week:
- Facebook plans a company town for the 21st century
- Affordable Care Act Website Launches and Obama Compares Healthcare.gov Issues to Apple’s iOS 7 Launch
- Tech Companies Sign Letter Asking for More Transparency on Government Surveillance
- Lawsuits Against Google Gmail, Street View Alleging Wiretapping Move Forward to Trial in Federal Court
- YouTube Tries to Clean Up Comments Section
- ‘Bang With Friends’ Changes Name After Settling Trademark Dispute with Zynga
We then discuss some of the effects of the government shutdown, particularly on the online and social media presences of government agencies going dark. And Douglas offers a review of the newly-released 1Password 4 for Mac.