February may have been a short month, but it did not leave us out in the cold when it comes to tech news. We’ve got a wide gamut of tech stories to bring to you this week. And for once, Josh actually outpaces Doug in the number of puns dropped on this episode.
Our tech headlines this week:
- Apple Introduces CarPlay iOS Car Integration (see also: How Apple’s CarPlay Compares, and Hands-on Video with CarPlay)
- Lots of Bitcoin-related news:
- Study suggests Internet Trolls may not be mentally healthy in real life
- Comcast and Netflix Reach Deal for Payments for Bandwidth, Worrying Net Neutrality Advocates; Verizon CEO expects a similar deal
- Google Tells “Glassholes” to follow etiquette guidelines
- Facebook in talks to acquire drone maker to provide airborne internet hotspots
Josh then discusses the coming growth of Addressable TV, technology that would allow cable/satellite companies and advertisers to micro-target television ads to your specific household.
Finally, Douglas reviews Mac DVDRipper Pro, an app to help you import a digital copy of your DVD movies into your computer and mobile devices. And Josh briefly looks at the substantial sponsorship of the Oscars by Samsung, including the heavily-retweeted selfie by Ellen DeGeneres.