Editor’s Note: We were very behind on getting this episode released due to personal and work conflicts over the past few weeks. We are making a few small behind-the-scenes changes to make it easier for us to stick to a regular schedule going forward.
Yet another episode of Tech tAUk Reloaded, recorded way too early in the morning, right after the start of the abomination of Daylight Saving Time. And while we load up on caffeine, we bring out a rather weird assortment of strange tech stories to kick us off.
Our tech headlines this week:
- RadioShack to close up to 1,100 stores; Apple Retail market share increases as RadioShack, Best Buy shrink
- Man called Bitcoin’s father denies ties, leads LA car chase (see also: Newsweek names founder of Bitcoin; Newsweek stands by Bitcoin story
- Facebook Rolls Out Scaled Back Newsfeed Redesign
- ‘Lick This’ App Makes You Lick Your Phone Screen
Then, we delve into a wide variety of weird stories with Douglas’ new segment, Ridiculous Tech News of the Week:
- Oscar Mayer launches scent-enabled bacon alarm clock for iPhone
- Chipotle security filing causes fear of the end of guacamole; creates social media uproar
- IBM’s Supercomputer “Watson” is now a chef with his own food truck
- 1 in 10 Americans in survey think HTML is an STD
- Taser Drone debuts at SXSW
Episode Duration: 46:45
On This Episode: Douglas Bell and Josh Feldman
Download: Tech tAUk Reloaded #27 (22.5 MB MP3)